EN 103-011, Brian Oliu, Karleigh Knorr
This lesson corresponds with The Norton Field Guide to Writing 4th Edition, P469-472, Evaluating Sources
In this session, students will learn to assess a source for relevancy and authority to decide whether a it meets the needs of their writing assignment. Students will engage in activities and conversations throughout this session to help them understand the nature of popular and academic publishing.
This class will cover:
- how to research an author
- how to identify publication process
- how to determine the intent of sources.
- Students will recognize the difference between popular and scholarly sources in order to appraise a source’s value within their own research.
- Students will assess a source’s original intent, editorial and publication process, and the expertise of its author in order to determine its credibility.
Related LibGuide: EN 102 First Year Writing by Sara Whitver
- Thursday, November 2, 2017
- 2:00pm - 3:15pm
- Gorgas 104
- EN 102
- Humanities Instruction