This lesson corresponds with The Norton Field Guide to Writing 4th Edition, P281-284 Writing as Inquiry; Norton P289-297 Generating Ideas and Texts
In this session, students will learn how to analyze a topic, use reference resources, and develop a search strategy for finding sources for their writing assignments.
This class will cover:
- how to narrow a topic and brainstorm topic ideas
- how to identify key concepts and controlled vocabulary
- how to use reference tools
- how to select search terms and develop a search strategy
- Students will break a topic down into smaller components in order to engage in the iterative process of narrowing a research question.
- Students will select terms related to their key concepts in order to develop a search strategy.