Library Orientation and Introduction to Searching
This class will cover:
- basics of using the Libraries
- how to use Scout’s basic search box
- how to use simple limiters in Scout to narrow a search
- how to access various items such as PDF and HTML files, books on the shelf
- how to request an item from ILL
- Students will use Scout to locate PDF, ebook, and physical book items in order to demonstrate an understanding of the different formats within the library’s collections.
- Students demonstrate an understanding of post-search limiters in order to strategically target format types and publication dates.
EN 101 First Year Writing by Sara Whitver
- Friday, November 3, 2017
- 10:00am - 10:50am
- Gorgas 104